Google Slides is a versatile tool that can be used for various educational purposes, including teaching phonics and sight words. In this article, we will explore 18 free, fun, and interactive Google Slides activities that can engage and help students learn phonics and sight words effectively.
- Phonics Hop: This activity involves creating a Google Slides presentation with different word families. Students can click on the word family they want to practice and hop to the corresponding slide to complete the interactive activity.
- Word Building: Build words using movable letter tiles on a Google Slides presentation. Students can drag and drop the letters to create various words related to the phonics or sight words they are learning.
- Sight Words Bingo: Create a Bingo game using Google Slides with different sight words. Students can mark the words as they hear them or see them on the slides.
- Phonics Puzzles: Create interactive puzzles on Google Slides where students have to match the word with the corresponding picture or complete a word by dragging and dropping the missing letter.
- Phonics Sort: Design a sorting activity on Google Slides where students have to categorize words based on their phonics patterns. They can drag and drop the words into the appropriate category.
- Sight Words Seek and Find: Hide sight words on different slides and ask students to find and highlight them. This activity can be made more engaging by using animations or transitions.
- Word Families Flipbooks: Create virtual flipbooks on Google Slides where students can flip the pages to see different words from a specific word family. They can practice reading and spelling the words.
- Sight Words Memory Game: Make a memory game on Google Slides by placing sight words and their corresponding images on different slides. Students have to match the pairs by flipping the cards.
- Phonics Race: Create a racing game on Google Slides where students have to read words correctly to move their character forward. The first player to reach the finish line wins.
- Sight Words Spinner: Design a spinner on Google Slides with different sight words. When the spinner stops, students have to read the word it lands on and form a sentence using that word.
- Phonics Word Search: Create a word search puzzle on Google Slides with various phonics words. Students can search for the words horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- Sight Words Scavenger Hunt: Hide sight words throughout a Google Slides presentation and ask students to find and list them. They can mark the words as they discover them.
- Phonics Roll and Read: Design a dice on Google Slides with different phonics patterns. Students can roll the dice, read the word corresponding to the pattern, and record their responses.
- Sight Words Drag and Drop: Create a drag and drop activity on Google Slides where students have to arrange jumbled sight words in the correct order to form a sentence.
- Phonics Rhyming Match: Present rhyming words on different slides and ask students to find the pairs. They can drag and drop the matching words together.
- Sight Words Sentence Builders: Create interactive slides on Google Slides with sentence frames and missing sight words. Students can drag and drop the correct words to complete the sentences.
- Phonics Board Game: Design a board game on Google Slides that incorporates phonics challenges. Students have to complete various tasks, such as reading words or answering phonics questions, to advance.
- Sight Words Storybook: Develop a storybook on Google Slides that includes sight words. Students can read the story and highlight the sight words as they encounter them.
These 18 free, fun, and interactive Google Slides activities provide engaging ways to teach phonics and sight words. Educators can use them to supplement their classroom instruction or for remote learning. With the flexibility of Google Slides, students can access these activities on various devices and learn at their own pace.