Forgetting your Facebook password is quite common, and it’s not always easy to recover, especially if your email address and phone number have changed over time. However, even without access to your connected email or phone number, there are still ways to regain access to your account. In this article, we’ll guide you through the processes of recovering your Facebook password without using an email address or phone number.
Step 1: Attempt to Log in With Your Trusted Contacts
Facebook has a feature called Trusted Contacts, which allows you to designate friends who can help you recover your account if you’re locked out. To use this option, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Facebook login page.
2. Click on “Forgotten Account?” below the login fields.
3. You will be taken to the “Find Your Account” page. Enter your full name or username, then click “Search.”
4. If you’ve previously set up Trusted Contacts, click on “Reveal My Trusted Contacts” on the next page.
5. Facebook will display a list of your Trusted Contacts. Contact one of them and ask them to visit facebook.com/recover and follow the instructions provided by Facebook to send you a recovery code.
6. Once you receive the recovery code from your Trusted Contact, enter it on the recovery page and click “Continue.” You should now be able to reset your password.
Note: If you haven’t set up Trusted Contacts before losing access to your account, this option won’t be available for you during recovery.
Step 2: Recover Your Account Through Your Friends’ Profiles
If you haven’t set up Trusted Contacts but have mutual friends with an active Facebook account, try the following steps:
1. Ask a friend who is connected with you on Facebook to visit your profile and copy the URL link of your profile.
2. Open a new tab and visit facebook.com/login/identify and paste your profile URL into the search box. Click “Search.”
3. Click on “This is My Account.” If a set of security questions appears, answer them accurately to access your account.
4. Ultimately, if you’ve successfully identified yourself, you can create a new password and regain access to your account.
Step 3: Contact Facebook Support
If the previous steps aren’t successful, contact Facebook Support directly. Keep in mind that response times may vary, but they will try to help you recover your account.
1. Go to the Facebook Help Center at facebook.com/help.
2. Scroll down and click on “Report a Problem.”
3. Select “Something went wrong with my account” and provide the necessary information explaining your issue.
4. Submit your request and wait for a response from Facebook Support.
Losing access to your Facebook account can be frustrating, but there are options to help you recover it even without access to an email address or phone number. By using Trusted Contacts, seeking help from friends, or contacting Facebook Support directly, you can regain control over your account and keep enjoying this popular platform.
Bear in mind that it’s always a good idea to periodically update your recovery options (email addresses or phone numbers) associated with social media accounts before encountering such issues for more effortless recovery in the future.