Terms of Service (Last Updated: 2/2/21)
- Eligibility: Use of the Service is void where prohibited. The Service is for users of all ages. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that: (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and, (c) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Your Entelechy Account and Data: If you create an account on the Service, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and data, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify Entelechy of any unauthorized uses of your data, your account or any other breaches of security. Entelechy will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. Entelechy may from time to time set storage limits for your data, or take any other measures Entelechy considers appropriate to manage the Service. Entelechy may also from time to time change its policies on offering commercial content or displaying advertising, and it may do this without notice.
- Prohibited Content and Activities, and Responsibility of Contributors: If you create quizzes, you are entirely responsible for the content and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software or any other format in which Entelechy stores data. You are also entirely responsible for ensuring that you are lawfully entitled to use any information and content. Entelechy does not assume any responsibility for damage caused by your acts, errors, omissions, or negligence regarding the content you post to Entelechy.
- The Entelechy Service is intended to be educational. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Service. Entelechy reserves the right to suspend or terminate your ability to access Entelechy if you post illegal or prohibited content on Entelechy. Entelechy further may investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Entelechy’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service and terminating the accounts of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Entelechy:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any class or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits or encourages the exploitation of people sexually or violently;
- contains anything sexually suggestive, nudity not related to the study of art, medicine or another bonafide educational field, portrays or glorifies excessive violence without educational merit, or constitutes offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- includes information about another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;
- violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person;
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or “spamming”;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Entelechy such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Service. Entelechy reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Entelechy’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement or national security authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Service;
- organizing or encouraging acts of violence;
- impersonating or attempting to impersonate another user, person or entity;
- using the account, username, or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- using any information obtained from the Service to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to create or post Content;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service;
- displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on the Service, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Service on behalf of that person;
- using the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations; or
- reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells, or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to, the Content and/or services offered throughout this Service (unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement).
- By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either: (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software; or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- content is not obscene or defamatory, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
- In the case of Content that includes computer code, it has accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses, and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Entelechy or otherwise.
- Users of Entelechy that submit content to Entelechy for inclusion on the Service (by publishing a quiz for example) grant Entelechy a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now or later developed). Such additional uses by Entelechy, or other companies or individuals who partner with Entelechy, may be made with no compensation paid to you concerning the Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available through the Service.
- Service Visitors’ Responsibility: Entelechy has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Service, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Service, Entelechy does not represent or imply that it endorses the material posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Service may contain offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable content, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Entelechy disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Service or any downloading by visitors of content posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites: We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Entelechy links, and that link to Entelechy. Entelechy does not have any control over those non-Entelechy websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Entelechy website or webpage, Entelechy does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive Content. Entelechy disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Entelechy websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy: As Entelechy asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects others’ intellectual property rights. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Entelechy violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Entelechy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entelechy will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Entelechy or others, Entelechy may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Service. In such termination, Entelechy will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Entelechy.
- Trademarks: Entelechy, Entelechy.app, the Entelechy.app logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Entelechy, or the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of Entelechy or Entelechy’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Service may be other third parties’ trademarks. Your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Entelechy or third-party trademarks.
- Changes: The Service, including without limitation all content there available and these Terms and Conditions, may be changed at the sole discretion of Entelechy and without notice. You are bound by any such updates or changes, including but not limited to those affecting these Terms and Conditions, and so should periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
- Limitation of warranties of Entelechy, its suppliers and its licensors: Except as otherwise expressly stated, all content posted to or available from the Service is provided “as is”, and Entelechy, its suppliers and its licensors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of proprietary rights. You understand and agree that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Service at your own discretion and risk, and that Entelechy, its suppliers and its licensors will have no liability or responsibility for any damage to your computer system or data that results from the download or use of such content or services. Some jurisdictions may not exclude implied warranties, so some of the above may not apply to you.
- Limitation of liability of Entelechy, its suppliers and its licensors: Except as otherwise expressly stated, in no event will Entelechy, its suppliers or its licensors be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, regardless of the basis or nature of the claim, resulting from any use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if Entelechy, its suppliers or its licensors were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability for any and all of your claims against Entelechy, its suppliers and its licensors arising out of or related to use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website exceed the amounts actually paid by you to Entelechy during the 12 months before the date a claim is made. Some jurisdictions may not exclude or limit liability for certain incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. The parties agree that this Section 10 represents a reasonable allocation of risk.
- Miscellaneous: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Entelechy and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Entelechy, or by the posting by Entelechy of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms and Conditions, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia, U.S.A. Suppose any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable. In that case, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms; Entelechy may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the parties’ benefit, their successors and permitted assigns.
- Usage: Users with Freemium, Medium, or Premium subscriptions are not allowed to create more than 310 question batches in a 30 day period. Users who eclipse 310 batches in one month will automatically have their ability to create new batches suspended until the first day of the next month. This ensures that all users receive an optimal experience.
- Upgraded Memberships: Users have the option to purchase additional features or functionality for their Entelechy account (“Upgraded Membership”). Upgraded Memberships may be purchased by paying a recurring subscription fee. The terms stated below will govern your participation in these programs.
Subscription Cancellation by You. If you have purchased a recurring Upgraded Membership subscription, you may end your Upgraded Membership at any time. When you choose to end your Upgraded Membership subscription, your subscription does not renew on the next auto-renewal date. You may continue to enjoy your Upgraded Membership benefits until that date, after which your account will be automatically downgraded. Information on how to end your subscription can be found here.
Cancellation by Us. We may cancel your Upgraded Membership at any time for any reason, with or without prior notice.
Refunds. Except where required by law, Upgraded Memberships purchased directly through Entelechy are non-refundable. Upgraded Memberships purchased through other platforms are subject to the refund policies of those platforms. Entelechy cannot be held responsible for these platforms’ policies. We do not provide any refunds if the price for an Upgraded Membership drops, or if we offer subsequent promotional pricing or change the content or features of the Service.
Price changes. Entelechy may change the price for upgraded memberships from time to time. Entelechy will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes for Upgraded Memberships will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. As permitted by local law, you accept the new price by continuing to maintain your Upgraded Membership after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Upgraded Membership prior to the price change going into effect. Please therefore make sure you read any such notification of price changes carefully.