Introduction: Podcasts have become increasingly popular in recent years, offering a wide range of content on various topics. They are not only a great source of entertainment but also serve as an educational tool for children. In this article, we have compiled a list of the 15 best podcasts for kids in elementary, middle, and high school. These podcasts cover a diverse range of subjects, ensuring that there is something for every young listener.
- Wow in the World: Hosted by Guy Raz and Mindy Thomas, Wow in the World explores intriguing scientific discoveries in a fun and engaging manner. Each episode takes young listeners on an educational journey, uncovering fascinating facts about the world we live in.
- But Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids: But Why answers the endless stream of questions that curious kids often ask. This podcast features interviews with experts and explores various topics, from history to science and everything in between, making learning an interactive experience.
- Story Pirates: Story Pirates features stories written by kids themselves. In each episode, the hosts bring these imaginative stories to life through music, acting, and sound effects. It encourages young listeners to unleash their creativity and storytelling skills.
- Brains On!: Brains On! is a podcast that explores science mysteries through listener-submitted questions. With a mix of interviews, expert commentary, and sound-rich episodes, this show sparks curiosity and fuels young minds with scientific knowledge.
- The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel: This gripping fictional podcast follows the adventures of a group of middle school friends as they investigate the mysterious disappearance of their classmate. Combining mystery, adventure, and friendship, it keeps young listeners hooked till the very end.
- Eleanor Amplified: This exciting podcast features the adventures of a daring journalist named Eleanor Amplified. Through her thrilling escapades, young listeners learn about journalism and how to think critically about the news.
- Stuff You Should Know: Stuff You Should Know explores a wide range of intriguing topics. With episodes on everything from how tattoos work to the history of Ketchup, this podcast broadens young minds and satisfies their curiosity about the world.
- Tumble Science Podcast for Kids: Tumble Science delves into the world of science, engaging young listeners with captivating stories and interviews with scientists. It encourages critical thinking and a deeper understanding of scientific concepts in a kid-friendly way.
- Smash Boom Best: Smash Boom Best is a debate-style podcast where two contestants argue the pros and cons of two opposing subjects. It not only sparks intellectual discussions but also teaches young listeners to think critically and back their arguments with facts.
- The Past and The Curious: This history-based podcast takes young listeners on exciting adventures through time. Each episode uncovers fascinating stories from the past, making history come alive and captivating even the most reluctant history learners.
- Ear Snacks: Ear Snacks combines music and learning, offering a delightful auditory experience for kids. From songs about shapes and colors to episodes about emotions and self-expression, this podcast builds essential skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Circle Round: Circle Round adapts carefully-selected folktales from around the world into engaging audio stories. Each episode teaches valuable life lessons while entertaining young listeners with enchanting tales and remarkable storytelling.
- The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified: The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified is a thrilling audio drama that follows the fearless journalist on more exciting missions. This podcast captivates young listeners with its immersive storytelling and action-packed episodes.
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls features inspiring stories of women who have made a significant impact on the world. This podcast empowers young girls and boys alike to dream big and challenge gender stereotypes.
- Pants on Fire: Pants on Fire is a game show-style podcast where contestants try to determine whether an adult expert is telling the truth or lying. It encourages critical thinking, skepticism, and a deeper understanding of the importance of truth.
Conclusion: Podcasts provide an excellent way for kids to learn and be entertained simultaneously. The 15 podcasts listed above cover a wide range of subjects, ensuring that there is something for every young listener’s interests. From science to history, storytelling to critical thinking, these podcasts offer hours of educational and enjoyable content. So why not introduce your child to the world of podcasts and let their imagination soar? Happy listening!