Introduction: Teaching is a rewarding profession that can sometimes feel challenging. Whether you’re feeling burnt out or in need of a little inspiration, watching videos that remind you of why you chose this path can be incredibly motivating. In this article, we’ve curated a list of 17 inspirational videos that will reignite your passion for teaching. So, grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and get ready to be inspired!
- “Every Kid Needs a Champion” by Rita Pierson Rita Pierson delivers a powerful TED Talk, emphasizing the importance of building relationships with students and being their champion.
- “Do Schools Kill Creativity?” by Sir Ken Robinson Sir Ken Robinson challenges the traditional education system and advocates for nurturing creativity in students.
- “The Power of Vulnerability” by Brené Brown Brené Brown’s TED Talk explores the importance of embracing vulnerability as a teacher and creating a safe space for students to learn and grow.
- “How to Escape Education’s Death Valley” by Sir Ken Robinson In this talk, Sir Ken Robinson discusses the need for educational reform and encourages teachers to transform the way they teach.
- “The Puzzle of Motivation” by Dan Pink Dan Pink explores intrinsic motivation and how it can drive meaningful engagement in students.
- “All It Takes Is 10 Mindful Minutes” by Andy Puddicombe Andy Puddicombe shares the benefits of practicing mindfulness and how it can positively impact teaching and learning.
- “Teaching with Love and Logic” by Charles Fay Charles Fay discusses the importance of setting boundaries and teaching responsibility in a loving way.
- “The Happy Secret to Better Work” by Shawn Achor Shawn Achor explains how happiness can lead to increased productivity and success in the classroom.
- “The Power of Words” by Neel Sharma Neel Sharma’s talk emphasizes the impact teachers can have on their students through the power of words and encouragement.
- “Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance” by Angela Lee Duckworth Angela Lee Duckworth explores the concept of grit and how it contributes to student success.
- “Building Relationships with Students through Rapport” by Dave Stuart Jr. Dave Stuart Jr. shares practical tips on building strong relationships with students and fostering a positive classroom environment.
- “Teaching Everyone to Code” by Linda Liukas Linda Liukas discusses the importance of teaching coding skills to students and nurturing their curiosity in technology.
- “The Danger of a Single Story” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie highlights the power of diverse storytelling and the impact it can have on students’ perspectives.
- “Why Teachers Should Be Conscious of Their Unconscious Bias” by Dr. Dena Simmons Dr. Dena Simmons discusses the importance of recognizing and addressing unconscious bias in the classroom.
- “The Art of Teaching” by Jay Verkuilen Jay Verkuilen shares his insights on the art of teaching and how to create meaningful learning experiences for students.
- “The First Secret of Great Design” by Tony Fadell Tony Fadell explores the principles of great design and how they can be applied to teaching.
- “The Extraordinary Power of Ordinary People” by John Hunter John Hunter talks about the World Peace Game and how it can help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Conclusion: These 17 inspirational videos serve as reminders of the impact teachers can have on their students’ lives. Whenever you need a boost of motivation, just revisit these videos and let their wisdom inspire you to continue being an exceptional teacher. Remember, you’re making a difference every day!