As a teacher, it’s not uncommon to receive requests from parents. Some of these requests are straightforward and reasonable, while others are more outlandish and difficult to accommodate. Here are some of the most outrageous requests teachers have shared:
– A parent requested that their child be allowed to skip homework assignments because they were too busy with extracurricular activities.
– A parent asked that their child be given extra time on a test because they had been up late the night before watching a movie.
– A parent demanded that their child be given a higher grade because they had been working hard in class.
– A parent wanted their child to be excused from class because they were going on a family vacation.
– A parent asked that their child be given special treatment because they were a “special” child.
– A parent requested that their child be allowed to bring a therapy dog to school.
These requests can be challenging for teachers to accommodate, as they often require special exceptions or allowances. It’s important for parents to be mindful of their child’s teachers’ workloads and to only make reasonable requests.