A floating home button can be a helpful feature on both iPhones and Android devices, as it provides easy access to commonly used functions. However, for some users, this feature may be more of a nuisance than a help, taking up screen real estate and causing accidental touches. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to remove the floating home button from both iPhone and Android screens.
How to Remove Floating Home Button on iPhone:
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap ‘Accessibility.’
3. Under the ‘Physical and Motor’ section, tap ‘Touch.’
4. Tap ‘AssistiveTouch.’
5. Toggle off the switch next to ‘AssistiveTouch’ to remove the floating home button from your iPhone screen.
How to Remove Floating Home Button on Android:
Since Android devices are made by different manufacturers with diverse user interfaces, the steps to remove the floating home button may slightly vary. However, here are the general steps that should work on most Android smartphones:
1. Open your device’s ‘Settings’ app.
2. Search for ‘Accessibility’ or ‘Ease of use’ in the settings search bar or look for it under the ‘System’ or ‘Advanced features.’
3. Tap on ‘Accessibility,’ then scroll down until you find an option similar to “Assistive Touch,” “Floating Button,” or “Navigation Bar.”
4. Tap on that option and toggle off the switch to disable the floating home button.
Alternative Process for Samsung Devices:
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app.
2. Tap on ‘Display.’
3. Scroll down to find ‘Navigation Bar,’ then tap on it.
4. Disable the ‘Show floating button’ option by toggling off the switch.
Now that you have learned how to remove the floating home button from your iPhone or Android screen, you can enjoy a clutter-free phone display. If you ever need the floating home button back, simply follow the same steps and toggle on the respective switch. Remember that accessibility features are designed to make devices easier to use, but it is ultimately up to you which features suit your individual preferences.