Puns and jokes can be a lot of fun, especially for grammar nerds. Here are 14 puns and jokes that only true grammar nerds will appreciate:
- Why don’t conjunctions like to start sentences? Because they prefer to join the party later!
- What do you call Santa’s little helpers who correct his grammar? Subordinate Clauses!
- Why did the comma break up with the period? Because they had too many pauses in their relationship!
- Why don’t you ever trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
- What do you call a sentence that is funny and informative? A hilarious quotation!
- What do you say when your friend is being grammatically incorrect? “You’re ‘punny’, I mean ‘funny’! Oops, I did it again!”
- Why did the hyphens break up? They just weren’t connecting anymore!
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
- Why do writers always feel cold? They constantly have their drafts!
- What did the noun say to the verb? “I don’t mean to objectify you, but without me, you are just a ‘v’!”
- What do you call a ghostwriter who can only communicate with punctuation marks? An ex-boo-sitionist!
- Why did the palindrome go to therapy? To deal with its identity crisis!
- Why are semicolons good at tennis? Because they always know how to properly serve!
14. What did the verb say to the object? “You complete me!”